HepaRG™ is a well-established hepatic cell system. It is unique in its ability to generate early hepatic progenitor cells capable to fully differentiate into well-polarized mature adult human hepatocytes.
Main characteristics of HepaRG™ cell line
HepaRG™ is an immortal cell line with 4 main features:
- Full array of functions, responses, and regulatory pathways of primary human hepatocytes including the biotransformation enzymes
- Forms functional bile canaliculi-like structures
- Has the potential to express many properties of stem cells: high plasticity & transdifferentiation
- HepaRG cells are available either as progenitor cells to be expanded and differentiated in-house, or as cryopreserved, fully differentiated and ready-to-use hepatic cells. HepaRG™ cell line represents a robust and valuable surrogate for primary hepatocytes. It is affordable, available worldwide, and convenient with high interassay reproducibility compared to primary human hepatocytes.
- Cell culture media and appropriate supplements for different uses are also available.
Find tips about cell thawing, viability measurement, seeding and maintenance in our detailed protocol. For best practices of cell culturing and maintaining, watch our tutorial videos and ask for customized training sessions and technical assistance including special packages (emails, calls, and filmed live sessions).
Examining target interactions and mechanisms for your cell line selection and use
Gene expression profiling of the HepaRG cells (8 Days after seeding and respectively 24h in induction media):
Dynamic gene expression profiling of the HepaRG cell line:
You can order the HepaRG™ cells, media and supplements online. Our experts can offer advice on the appropriate products for your applications.