Biobide is specialized in developing zebrafish disease models to be used in preclinical stages for Drug Discovery and/or target identification.
- Angiogenesis inhibition assay
- CNS-Neurodegenerative diseases: Alzheimer, Parkinson, Epilepsy, circadian rhythm alterations…
- Rare Diseases: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Dravet Syndrome…
- Target Validation
- Disease Model Generation
Thanks to its wide experience and know-how, Biobide has the ability to generate or acquire through MTA transgenic or mutant zebrafish models of diseases obtained through different techniques such as genetic mutations, transgenic induce gene alterations or drug induced metabolic alterations.
Several neurodegenerative and neuromuscular rare disease zebrafish models have been generated for target validation as well as for screening of potential drugs.
At Biobide, we have set up efficacy studies for the different rare neurodegenerative/neuromuscular diseases, such as:
- Parkinson's Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Dravet Syndrome (DS)